Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's in the air

It was a gorgeous afternoon...78 degrees, sunny, almost cloudless sky and a light breeze. And, not because of the weather, though it always makes it nicer, I went driving - windows down, music up - to explore the roads north of my home and clear my head.

There's something about blasting Aerosmith, John Denver, Jim Croce, Gladys Knight and others while winding through the hills. I found a trail riding location (noted for a future date), a great road for the day I finally get my bike (just beyond the end of 400) and a strong, yet strange showing of early Halloween fervor.




I can't say Halloween is a favorite holiday. But, I appreciate a well-decorated yard as much as anyone else. The key there is: well-decorated. I drove past this yard three times... What I can't easily show in this picture is the magnitude of the Halloween crap wasteland. Ironically, you CAN see one wooden skeleton sitting on a toilet with a REAL roll of toilet paper attached.

But I digress, the ride was to clear my head. To get some fresh air and perspective. What I found is my head is clear...my heart is almost full...and I have a million things I'd love to share with the One - even the hideous yard decorations of an overzealous Halloweener.

No comments:

Post a Comment