Thursday, January 5, 2012

Signs?

I'm the first to admit I have my blond moments...ok, days... ok, life. Yes, I've seen signs while driving through New Orleans and wondered about the intelligence behind a permanent display identifying the way to a beauty contest - only then to realize that Miss River Bridge didn't mean exactly what I thought. (It WOULD help, though, if they used proper punctuation - a period - or state abbreviation - MS). But, yes, if you are wondering, I probably would have then questioned the PC nature of our world not wanting to announce Mrs. or Miss.

And, I've spent more than my share of time with a foot in my mouth because I missed other signs - more than once, I have entered a room with "Who died?!" only to find I have ESP. (I've since retired that saying from my repertoire).

But, it's been a recent topic of conversation... the signs that are in front of us every day that we just MISS. A mullet...a love of sports...and cars...the undying belief that guys think "sporty" chicks are cute... and a desire to be "just like Jo" from the Facts of Life. Nope. Didn't see any of them. No indications.

Looking back now, I missed signs so large Times Square would be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment