Wednesday, May 29, 2013

She 2011

I’ve never seen a woman so
Determined to hide her magnificence -
what makes her magical – what makes her tremendous.

It’s as if someone told her long ago
that humility alone was not enough - that no matter the compliment –
nothing could be truer than the lie of her own self-doubts.

I fight to convince her that my words aren’t filler
meant to warm the moment in her heart and then quickly fade when the breeze blows by
but my expressions fall on hardened ears.

She’s had too long a history of not hearing what her heart needs,
she bought into the lackluster life led without a fiery love
and critically reviews each compliment given, looking for the motive – because there must be one.

I love her lazy days – the days when she paroles her soul –
releases the doubts and lets in the possibility of love
they are the days when She shines.

Those are days when She opens the doors to what I see all the time
and shares her beauty with those lucky enough to be close
She could convince flowers to bloom in the dead of winter on those days

But those days leave all too soon.
So, I stand behind her, beside her – near as I can
with the hope I don’t miss her – the whole of her – the Amazing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment