Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Advertising genius...

One day, not too long ago (ok, it was probably over a year ago, but time is relative after all), I was driving to Zuffy's Place (my favorite sports bar). As I neared the turn and slowed to a stop for the light, I saw the most clever sign. In fact, not only clever, but I knew from the time I read it that the owner of this car wash was brilliant.

You see, it's not the best part of town - not the worst. And, frankly, no one would say this location was the best, but the people who live in the area are a mix between the very hard-working blue collar types and the yuppies just past their party primes. I figured the car wash would have a set of usual customers having their cars cleaned on payday for a date night and this sign was a way to invite the higher-browed locals too.

See, here's the thing... the sign read simply:

"Carpe Shampoo"

And, then, I realized, it was probably not a clever invite, but a slip of a letter and I turned right.

No comments:

Post a Comment