Friday, June 18, 2010

No political statement here...

Here's the deal, when reading this entry, don't worry about whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat (I've voted both ways in the past). This post is about having intelligent leaders. They represent us - that's the role they are elected to play...so, I prefer not having the world look at me like a fool...

That said, I always like to reflect on ironic events like this speech by Sarah Palin from February. Sarah's speech centered around the concept that 'We, the People, need a leader, not just a charismatic guy who can read a teleprompter.' Oddly, though, she decided the best place to keep her thoughts for the speech was ...drum roll please... the palm of her hand! Please feel free to review the attached link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/08/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6185820.shtml?tag=strip


When I saw this the first time, I had to send a note to a friend who sends anti-Obama mail my way all the time:

Subject: RE: SERIOUSLY, she was running for VP


Honestly. I want to think she is not this big of an idiot... I do. And, every time I come close to forgetting it and I say to myself, "no one should want to run for that job because the media and the public will tear you to shreds," she does something even more ridiculous.

Things she could have done differently this time:

1) carry a magazine or newspaper (ANY one of the many she reads daily per her conversation with Katie C.) and tape the notes to the cover
2) try memorizing: BUDGET, TAX, ENERGY and LIFT AMERICAN SPIRITS - because I understand how difficult it is to remember nuisance topics like those
3) use a teleprompter

No comments:

Post a Comment