Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas time!

I know, I know... it's been a while - as Karen says, maybe the muses left me. Somewhat, but not entirely, true. I have been thinking about writing on many different topics, but my memory lasts as long as a spark when you're trying to light a campfire with two rocks and a wet stick. So, here goes:

This time of year brings out the best in some people! It's an awesome sight. And, then, there's the woman from the Indigo Girls concert the other night. I was in the SRO section, standing farther back than I wanted originally, but still able to see with the assistance of the sloping floor. That is, until she stepped in front of me and stopped in the dead center of my view. Now, here's the deal...I will add descriptors here because I'M TELLING A STORY, but none of them are at the heart of the issue.

The woman, it turns out, was most probably a man. And, the woman with him may very well have been his/her daughter. These two points are made only because the woman was much taller than average - somewhere around 6'5" (no lie). The younger woman - a friend decided in her Hallmark Channel watching mind- was his daughter. My friend felt sympathy for their apparent plight (the struggle of living your life judged by many and not comfortable in your own skin matched with the wrestling of a child seeing her parent in this struggle) and the tear-jerking story they were undoubtedly living. I was just interested in seeing the show. When I tapped the tall woman's shoulder and said, "DUDE, I'm standing right here!" the response I got back was, "I'm sorry I'm tall." REALLY?

Let me set the record straight because I am - most of the time - a really nice person. I could not actually care less about how she dressed and her relationship with the other woman.

The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter if you are man or woman, tall or short, fat or thin, old or young and of any race, religion or persuasion... RUDE IS RUDE.

1 comment:

  1. I would say that person was "self-unaware".
    I was thrilled when I clicked on your link to not just find one entry but three. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete