Monday, May 31, 2010

And now, for something completely different...



Last week, I joined my friend Jen on a shopping adventure. Well, an adventure for me... a normal occurrence for her. You see... Jen introduced me to Hair. Curly Hair, Straight Hair, Hair that comes in 12", 14" and I suppose more. As I pondered setting up my next VERY NEEDED haircut, I couldn't help but be consumed with the concept of BUYING hair.

You see, this weave and wig idea is new to me. And, I'm intrigued. So... into the shop we went...and, it was well, let's say, a little empty (but then, how much room can wigs and weave take up before they are just called a Hairy situation? -PUN INTENDED).

Nonetheless, I found something even more intriguing. Hair is not cheap - well, good hair isn't anyway. What constitutes "good" hair? Well, that would be a matter of opinion, but if you judge solely by price, it would be natural "unmessed with" hair. And, apparently, one good indicator that it hasn't been "messed" with is that there is a gray hair included in the lot o' locks. But I digress.

So...since it is expensive, you can actually put your hair on layaway... not kidding, check the picture. With all that said, I guess the good news for me is my hair grows far too quickly to even consider paying for more; the better news is I wouldn't have the patience to worry about it and the best news for me is my hair is clearly on the good side (see Blog Post "And so this is Monday")

2 comments:

  1. For a few extra laughs on the subject, you may wanna check out Chris Rock's documentary, "Good Hair."

    And please don't tell me Jen is getting all uber-fabulous at Big Brown with 14-inch extensions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually 12 inches and thank you recognizing my uber-fabulousness

    ReplyDelete