Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Carte Blanche

Last night, a group of us went out to dinner. Most of my friends know I like to let the server decide what I will have… for a couple of reasons:

1) it’s fun
2) they know better than I which items are good, better or best
3) I find I don’t explore new things as readily by my own choosing

Once again, as the server, Stuart, came by to get our order, I made my announcement.

“Stuart, I’ve never been here. You’ve mentioned so many items that sound good and I really have no way to choose. So, Stuart, I normally provide a couple of choices and ask the server to choose. But, tonight, I will tell you that I do not like seafood and then, let you select what I will have.”

And… Stuart did very well! If you get the chance, and you have the guts, try it out sometime… give the server Carte Blanche… bet you’ll love it.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I did Carte Blanche last Thursday after attending the travesty which was Screen on the Green (http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/mayor-vows-thorough-review-541577.html). Great minds think alike!

    -M.

    ReplyDelete