Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Not my native tongue...

So, I began writing a book some years ago...below is an excerpt, hope you enjoy.


I started dating him when I was 16 – “a very mature 16.” He was a friend of a friend driving a Corvette and in college. He was the knight in shining armor keeping our less-than-reserved acquaintance from slobbering all over me to show off to his friends. As we stood there, in the driveway, all the stars aligned, there was peace on Earth and the birds were chirping. Then our acquaintance began making a scene and havoc broke loose… we scattered in separate directions and drove off into the sunset. I thought I would never see him again, but ended up going to his house the very next evening. It was the beginning of a fairy tale relationship.

Ten years later, the fairy tale fog lifted, the clouds broke and my first husband became my ex-husband. While I don’t suggest it for everyone, divorce helped me to discover a whole new world – reality – it’s not my native tongue, but I’m beginning to be quite fluent.

No comments:

Post a Comment