Thursday, July 15, 2010

Karma

As we sat on the plane, preparing to get up and on our way home, a flight attendant asked us all to be considerate of those needing to make very tight connections. So, as directed, the majority of us sat and waited while the select few hastily grabbed their belongings and scurried to the front of the plane.

After a couple of minutes of calm - and since I was in the last few rows - I looked around and decided the coast was clear to stand and get my stuff from the overhead compartment. The others in surrounding rows did the same.

Suddenly, I hear a woman say, "do you have a connection?" and I turned to respond, "no." Then, she yelled, "they said to stay seated so that we could get out!" Flabbergasted, I did not reply. Fortunately, a woman right behind her was at the ready with "if you'd stop yelling at people and focus, you might already be off the plane."

Of course, I moved and let her by. In the next few moments, the rest of us were heading to the exit. As we neared the door, I heard several people's opinions of the woman's attitude - none were glowing. And, that's when it happened.

We entered the gangway only to see the connecting passenger swimming upstream against the rest of us. Seems she forgot something on the plane...and, my new counterpart from the back of the plane said only one thing as we passed her by...

"Karma's a BITCH." We laughed all the way to the terminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment