Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Unbelievable

There's a right way and a wrong way to reply to me if you are a customer service representative. I've spent time being the rep. I have been trained to speak with customers, but I was also just raised to treat people with a modicum of respect. It's not often that I run into someone who so heinously massacres the role as I met yesterday.

I sent the following email:

Subject: Lead number: 5898261
Hi. My sales lead says she got our message and accidentally erased it. Can you please reopen this case and have someone contact her (if you get her voicemail - and you probably will - please don't close the lead for that.) She's interested and wants to hear about our products.

If you cannot reopen this case, please let me know.

Thank you,

I signed my name


And, received the following response:

Dear Agent,

Good day!

You will have to obtain a Control number from her. Or simply set up a new Slim lead.

If we may assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Keesha T.


More than mildly offended by the cold address of "Agent," and always put off by the wording "you will have to..." as a response and the assumption "simply..." covers anything I put effort into, I replied:

What is a control number? You mean the lead number? And, who is "her"?

And, in return, I got a one-word response:

"Yes"


So, I called Keesha because email was certainly not meeting my needs. And, I found Keesha to be every bit as helpful on the phone.

REALLY?!?! Really. I mean, REALLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment